Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Testimony

I love my Heavenly Father. I know He is there. I love my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know that the infinite sacrifice He performed was because of His love for me. I know that though I may struggle here on this earth, I am learning and growing so that one day I may return to my Father in Heaven and live for eternity with my family.

I know of the love that God has for His children—I have felt it and experienced it through the countless blessings of my life. I am so grateful to be alive, to have the life and the family I have, and to have the many experiences of my life. I am grateful for His light and the guidance He sends me endlessly. I am grateful for His love and the assurance that I am never alone.

Words cannot describe the things I have learned in my short life. I know that God created the earth. I know that before we came to this earth, we chose to follow Jesus Christ and we understood the plan He has for us. Now that we are here, we must come unto Him in humility and faith, and we will return to the presence of our Father. I know that true joy can be ours if we follow the plan.

I know that for those who have passed on, I will see them again. I know that with faith, there is nothing to fear. I know that our Father in Heaven has sent many messengers and prophets to help guide us. I know that even today, we have men on the earth who act as the mouthpiece of God. I have a testimony of Thomas S. Monson as the living prophet in our day, of his counselors Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf, and of the apostles.

I know the scriptures to contain the word of God. I know that if we read them with an open mind and heart, He will make manifest unto us the truth and reality of what they say.

I testify that these things are true. God lives, He loves us, and He wants us to return to Him. If you have not felt this, I urge you to pray and find out for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment